jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit Security -> branch or not
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 14:58:34 GMT
Thomas Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I agree with Esteban, as long as the current tests pass I would add it
> to the trunk.

i would not have suggested to commit it to trunk if there
were existing test failing (apart from those that failed
before -> see the restoreTest bug).

my point is: i'm sure there will be issues (in other words:
i know of problems that are not covered by test cases) and
i wanted to know whether the other committers willing to
live with security code that is still work in progress,
poorly tested and not yet performance optimized or not.

> Could you add some global setting (final static boolean
> initialized with a system property) to bypass your code? If that is
> easy. Like that we could quickly detect if this is the reason why
> something doesn't work.

i don't think this is feasible.
angela