jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Esteban Franqueiro" <esteban.franque...@bea.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit-core 1.4.2 release plan
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:32:29 GMT
> I'm not convinced that JCR-1375 should be in this patch release, and
> there is also demand to have JCR-1469 included.

I agree with Jukka regarding JCR-1375.

> I'd personally like to keep a hard line on release versioning, i.e.
> only bug fixes in patch releases and if needed do more frequent minor
> releases for other improvements and new features.

Also agree on this one, so JCR-1469 should go 1.4.2.

> WDYT, should we be more relaxed in what goes into each release, or
> should we keep up the strict release policy? In the latter case I
> think we should go further down the line of component releases and
> allow releases like jackrabbit-core 1.5 whenever needed regardless of
> the status of other components.

In general I think that we should be strict about this, but I also think that if a particular
issue
is urgent, it could be included in a patch release if most people want to.
But strict decisions can only be made after a policy is in place. In our case, I'm not sure
if
there's consensus about our release policy.
My AR$0,02.
All in all, I agree with this proposal for Jackrabbit 1.4.2.
Regards,

Esteban Franqueiro
esteban.franqueiro@bea.com