jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin" <mat.m...@centrum.cz>
Subject Re: JCR & thesis
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:22:38 GMT
I've talked to my supervisor and comparison to other technologies with some benchmarks could
be interesting.

So, the question is: what would be "the other technologies"?
Some candidates :-):
RDBMS (e.g. Oracle Database, MySQL) - probably using some ORM (JPA, Hibernate)?
WebDav
local filesystem
different versions of Jackrabbit
different implementation of jsr-170/jsr-283
XML databases (well, I haven't worked with any XML db engine, so I don't know what would be
the best choice - e.g. Apache Xindice?)
ODBMS (as far as I remember, I've only worked with object databases in sense of using ORM
on top of RDBM and I've heard something about Caché)

I know I'm mixing different things together, but for now...

A final list will be shorter, to be able to make deeper comparison.
Since you have more experience with JCR, you are more than welcome to add/remove items or
change their order. And this is also way how to include technology you would like to see in
"comparison"...

Thanks,
Martin