jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin" <mat.m...@centrum.cz>
Subject Re: JCR & thesis
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 22:13:15 GMT
Thanks for the answer.

Jackrabbits' competitors would be other implementations of jsr-170/jsr283 (Alfresco, Exo etc.)....
But is there any technology competing with  JCR (generally)? As far as I know there are only
technologies that can do "some part of job" that JCR can do.

Could you post more concrete examples?

Martin

>Hi.
>I don't know if it's thesis material, but this item...
>
>> - compare JCR to other technologies (well, are there any similar
technologies?) and make a
>> benchmark etc.
>
>...i s something that's really needed, and asked for.
>Most of us have run some benchmarks, but at least in my case they weren't
too formal, so having a
>good, solid comparison against similar technologies, or even against
previous versions of Jackrabbit
>(to see how it's improving) woud be very worthwhile.
>Also, a comparison of different content models for the same application
would be interesting.
>My AR$ 0,02.
>Regards,
>
>Esteban Franqueiro
>esteban.franqueiro@bea.com
>

>Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by
email and then delete it.