jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Lukin <lu...@stu.cn.ua>
Subject Re: OCM: why not to hide ugly init code?
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:20:41 GMT
Wednesday 12 March 2008 10:52:58 Christophe Lombart написав:
> If I understand you, your proposal is something like this :
> 1. If the class is mapped to the unstructured node type or a node type
> that gives you  the possibility to add extra properties, create a new
> property "ocm_classname".
> 2. If it  is not possible to add this property due to strong
> constrains in the corresponding node type, try to add the mixin type
> "ocm:discriminator" (if necessary).
>
> Is it something like this ?
Yes, exactly. I doubd pople are using restrictive node types in real life with OCM. Counting
that jcr-1.0 does not support custom node types ...
So it will be rather rare exception to use  some mixin type to store mapping class info.
For instance JCROM OCM implementation does not require any custom node registration. BTW,
it easy maps binary content. See http://code.google.com/p/jcrom/
--
SY, Alex Lukin
RIPE NIC HDL: LEXA1-RIPE