jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Lukin <lu...@stu.cn.ua>
Subject Re: OCM: why not to hide ugly init code?
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 07:59:52 GMT
Wednesday 12 March 2008 00:34:27 Christophe Lombart написав:
> Just one comment :
>
> The OCM has to be completely independent of Jackrabbit core. By this
> way, it can be used with other JCR implementation. As you can see,
> Jackrabbit core is only used for the unit tests.
> That's why the code is so ugly ... until there is a standard way to
> add new node types.
I see.
So my Jira Isuue and patch has to be deleted.
Node type registration is standard in JSR-283 so we have to wait when it will be ready.
Anyway, use of custom node types is not quite mandatory for OCM. It is possible to use some
hidden property to store needed info.

--
SY, Alex Lukin
RIPE NIC HDL: LEXA1-RIPE