jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <da...@day.com>
Subject Re: JCR & thesis
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 22:32:08 GMT
hi martin,

>  Jackrabbits' competitors would be other implementations of jsr-170/jsr283 (Alfresco,
Exo etc.)....
>  But is there any technology competing with  JCR (generally)? As far as I know there
are only technologies that can do "some part of job" that JCR can do.
i think it depends how you compare things....

you can compare a jcr repository to filesystems, rdbms, xml databases,
object stores etc...
but you are right there really is nothing that can do everything that
jcr offers.

this is the usual diagram that i use for comparisons....
http://www.day.com/o.file/tssjs-kickstarting-jcr.010.jpg?get=55419fb94da46a126771d2f49a4516f1

on a different level you could compare the jcr "contract" to contracts that
cover the same featureset and on this level i think jcr is very comparable to
webdav.

regards,
david