jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Linine <lin...@freesurf.ch>
Subject Re: getOutputStream method of the org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.mem.MemoryFileSystem question
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 06:02:21 GMT

Hello, I created a related JIRA issue.
I suppose there is a similar problem with the move method of the same class:
when looking in the code it seems that in can accept invalid destinations
(still have no test environment, cannot verify whether this is the case in
practice). For example, if there is a "somefolder/somefile" file and I call
the method passing, say "somefolder/someotherfolder/somefile" as the
destination. I suppose that the destination will be accepted by the code
even if "somefolder/someotherfolder" is not an existing folder, then there
will be a file having the "somefolder/someotherfolder/somefile" path within
the file system having no "somefolder/someotherfolder" folder - the code
should probably check whether the destination path is really a valid one.
Without the ability to test the issue practically, I am not sure whether
this is really the case.

Best regards
Denis Linine