jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r641291 - /jackrabbit/branches/1.4/jackrabbit-jcr-commons/pom.xml
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 20:01:17 GMT
Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 26.03.2008, 16:29 +0200 schrieb Jukka Zitting:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 2:54 PM,  <fmeschbe@apache.org> wrote:
> >  -<!--
> >  -   Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
> >  -   contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
> >  -   this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
> >  -   The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
> >  -   (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
> >  -   the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
> >  -
> >  -       http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
> >  -
> >  -   Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
> >  -   distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
> >  -   WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
> >  -   See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
> >  -   limitations under the License.
> >  -  -->
>
> One of the reasons why I prefer not to use the maven-release-plugin.
> Not terribly bad IMHO, but not ideal either.

Hmm, this is a known issue with the maven-release-plugin: the <project>
tag must be on a single line, otherwise this happens...

On the other hand, if this is the sole issue with the
maven-release-plugin, so what ? There is a known workaround. On the
other hand the plugin takes a lot of manual work off our shoulders and
therefore is worth considering.

Regards
Felix