jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject jackrabbit-jcr-rmi release plan
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:00:16 GMT
Hi,

I am currently preparing the release 1.4.1 of the jackrabbit-jcr-rmi
library. The current list of changes in this release is:

    Improvements:
   *[JCR-1343] Replace xerces for serialization by JAXP

    Bug fixes
   *[JCR-1333] jackrabbit-jcr-rmi: Supplied javax.transaction.xa.Xid is
               assumed serializable, but is not on some environments
    [JCR-1406] Add the org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.jackrabbit package
               to the rmic generation
    [JCR-1454] NullPointerException may be thrown when trying to
enumerate
               observation event listeners

Bugs marked with * are upto discussion.

IMHO JCR-1333 can go into the release while JCR-1343 actually is not a
top requirement. It would be nice to have them as it would allow using
jackrabbit-jcr-rmi in an OSGi environment without going the route of
pushing Xerces into it. In addition including these would also change
the dependency of jackrabbit-jcr-rmi to jackrabbit-jcr-commmons to
version 1.4.1 (which is not an issue in itself but unknown hitherto in
Jackrabbit).

In fact considering, that we might also do more granular releases from
the trunk, I think JCR-1343 need not be included here for the moment.

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix