jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request releases of RMI and commons libraries
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:41:44 GMT
Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 12.03.2008, 23:06 +0200 schrieb Jukka Zitting:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 9:20 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  Would it be possible to get 1.4.1 releases of these libraries with (at
> >  least) the mentioned fixes backported to the 1.4 branch ?
>
> Sure, no problem.

Cool.

> The only thing I'm wondering about is whether we should upgrade the
> component versions to 1.5, as your requirements go beyond strict bug
> fixes.

The pom extension of the jackrabbit-jcr-commons just adds some headers
to the manifest file. No code changes. But right, this is not exactly
bug fixing ... But I don't think this change warrants a minor version
release, either.

The JCR-1406 and JCR-1454 issues IMHO are real bug fixes as classes are
missing, which should be there or a NullPointerException is to be
prevented.

>  However, I'm not sure if we're still at a point where everyone
> would feel comfortable going to a fully "unsynchronized" release
> process. But I'm fine releasing the updated components either as 1.4.1
> or 1.5.

Agreed, that is why, I proposed a minor release - also because I do not
consider the changes justify for a minor release ...

> Do you (or someone else) want to take a shot on managing the releases?
> I wouldn't mind doing it myself, but it would be good to make other
> people more familiar with the release process.

Sure, I can give it a try.

Thanks and Regards
Felix