jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu ☀" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Content Object Mapping - jcrom.org
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 17:24:16 GMT
Oops... it looks like I've left something unfinished...

On Feb 5, 2008 7:21 PM, Alexandru Popescu ☀
<the.mindstorm.mailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:

> (to Alex Lukin):
>
> > 2) JPA is based on relational approach and does not work properly with tree-like
structures we use often with JCR

> That's partly correct. Indeed the theory of relational storage and
> tree-based storage are radically different.

However, I do believe that part of the JPA annotations and moreover
API can be applied to any Object to X mapping solutions. And as I
said: it doesn't need to be 100% pure JPA ;-).

bests,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.