jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu ☀" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Content Object Mapping - jcrom.org
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 12:12:03 GMT
Hi David and thanks for sharing this!

I don't want to sound as I don't appreciate this effort, but I would
have thought that people looking into
this direction would firstly consider the JPA annotations firstly and
then introduce new/custom annotations for special cases (I think a
parallel with Hibernate and its JPA support is worth it now).

Moreover, when speaking about mapping solutions I would be interesting
in the level of customization they allow
and keeping in mind some of the JCR storage restrictions how these are
handled (the first example that comes into my mind is a parent-child
relationship with 10k children).

I do believe that this initiatives are helpful for the JCR community,
but I would encourage people to check how much is possible to be done
in the JPA direction.

.w( the_mindstorm )p.

On Feb 5, 2008 1:48 PM, David Nuescheler <david@day.com> wrote:
> hi all,
> Olafur Gauti Gudmundsson pointed me today to his effort called JCROM
> (pronounced "Jack-rom"). [1]
> I am excited about the refreshing, quick and simple annotation based
> approach [2]
> and would like to find out what everybody's thoughts are on possibly
> finding synergies
> with the ocm framework that we have in Jackrabbit.
> regards,
> david
> [1] http://jcrom.org
> [2] http://code.google.com/p/jcrom/wiki/TwoMinuteIntro