jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Padraic Hannon <...@wasabicowboy.com>
Subject Re: Content Object Mapping - jcrom.org
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 19:59:56 GMT
We've been using the OCM libraries with a certain amount of success.
We have heavily leveraged using the spring modules for configuration
and have used the repository pattern with a few base classes which
handle most of the OCM specific implementations. Our domain model maps
fairly cleanly into trees and nested structures, as I suspect many
models would, and we have done some amount of data normalization.

Adding JPA support to the OCM code would be a nice benefit for those
that have existing models, I'll grab the api docs and some sample code
and take a look at how big a change it would be. At first glance we
would have to provide a few implementations, but I think we have most
of the pieces they just need to be assembled. I have been working on
the entity factory with a second level cache, but got pulled away due
to "real" work stuff ;-)

In general, I feel that having two ocm style projects for such a small
group is detrimental, perhaps we could convince the jcrom folks to
come over to apache?

-paddy