jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Logging in Tests
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:14:15 GMT
Hi,

I am wondering how to do proper logging in jackrabbit test cases. At
first I used System.out.println() during test case debugging, but now
I want to improve that and switch to "log" (o.a.j.test.LogPrintWriter)
provided by the test base class o.a.j.test.JUnitTest.

Problem is, I cannot get it to print out on the console, neither when
running in Eclipse nor when running with mvn test. I tried it with
providing a log4j.properties file and by specifying the log4j
properties via -D on the mvn command line, but nothing worked.

As there are some test classes using log (eg. ConcurrencyTest), I want
to ask how to make them visible? Nice would be a simple switch that
works both in Eclipse and on the cli with mvn test.

Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com