jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database auto-reconnection: 2 trials needed?
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:23:36 GMT
Hi,

>  In the ConnectionRecoveryManager there are various methods (eg.
>  executeStmt) that have a trial-loop which tries 2 times before giving
>  up. IIUC, this is for the case when a connection is broken and needs
>  to be reestablished.

I don't think it is really required to try twice. It is more like: OK
we have a loop already, why don't we add one iteration for security...
There is also an option to repeat forever (this is good for testing; I
don't think it makes sense in most situations).

>  Are there other subtle things I have to be careful about?

I don't think. However you need to test it. It is possible to write a
unit test (using Derby server), unfortunately we don't have any so
far.

Regards,
Thomas