jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: On the extensibility of the core
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:57:07 GMT
Hi,

The most important is to be able to read concurrently from the data store.

That should already work (using the pool). Does it not? We probably should
have a test case for this feature.

> The rest of the changes
> are in the garbage collector

The current garbage collector is quite basic. Extending is would be great -
I just think the garbage collection should work the same way for all data
store implementations (file system and database).

> and the fact that I use a pooled data source for connections, so I need
> a different way to create them.

This feature may be interesting for others as well.

>> do we wan't people not being able to extend Jackrabbit in this way?
> >
> > I think yes.

Sorry, I didn't read the 'not'. I think extending Jackrabbit should be
possible.

Regards,
Thomas