jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: On the extensibility of the core
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 15:43:41 GMT
Hi,

> the current implementation doen't quite fit my needs.
> So I wanted to change some details of it.

Maybe your changes would helpful for others as well. What are those changes?
Could you post a patch?

> don't have the visibility required to be used in derived clases.
> For example, DbDataStore.moveToTempFile()

It's not a big problem to make things protected. Only, if your code depends
on specific behavior of Jackrabbit, and Jackrabbit changes, your code may
break. Or, Jackrabbit may not be changed because it may break source code
that depends on it.

> do we wan't people not being able to extend Jackrabbit in this way?

I think yes.

Regards,
Thomas