jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "angela (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (JCR-1393) Unknown Mimetype should not be set automatically to application/octet-stream
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:12:43 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1393?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12570147#action_12570147
] 

angela commented on JCR-1393:
-----------------------------

> no i do not have defined a extension. i didnt know that file :-) 

that has been covered by JCR-1188.

> i have created a patch that sets the last mimetype 

hm. that's a different issue than the one mentioned in the subject, isn't it? i prefer not
to mix
various problems into one single jira issue.

regarding the patch: i think its a workaround for the removal of jcr:content in case of non-matching
nodetype. i would rather want to address this one instead of working around (see below).

> why will the nodetype be changed if it is nt:resource ? 

because tobi decided to remove the content-node if it is not of the required nodetype:
see: JCR-973 XML import using MacOS X WebDAV client does not work.
maybe you should ask him for the rationals.

i don't feel attached to that. but there was for sure a reason to add it.
the obvious drawback of not-removing is: if the node has not been created through webdav
you may run into failing PUT and PROPPATCH. But i would argue, that this is a logic consequence
of the webdav-server being forced to deal with content, that has not been added through webdav.

regarding the original issue (see subject):
can you confirm if this is a duplicate of JCR-1188? (and if so, close this one).

thanks
angela






> Unknown Mimetype should not be set automatically to application/octet-stream
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: JCR-1393
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1393
>             Project: Jackrabbit
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: jackrabbit-webdav
>    Affects Versions: 1.4
>            Reporter: Claus Köll
>         Attachments: patch.txt
>
>
> if i add a node to jackrabbit i add the jcr:content node as nt:resource. 
> if i open now this document with webdav i found that the DefaultHandler 
> looks if the jcr:content node is from type nt:unstructured, if not 
> the child properties of the content node will be deleted and the properties will be set
again. 
> so there is a problem with the mimetype. if i do that with a office 07 document (.docx)

> the original mimetype "application/msword" will be changed to "application/octet-stream".


-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message