jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Expanding the scope of jackrabbit-jcr-tests
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 13:25:08 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 11:45 AM, Marcel Reutegger
<marcel.reutegger@gmx.net> wrote:
>  I'd prefer not to spoil this artifact with non TCK stuff. That makes it easier
>  to maintain and we can clearly identify issues with TCK tests by looking at the
>  JIRA compontent jackrabbit-jcr-tests.
>
>  Why don't we create a new performance test module, which depends on jcr-tests?

I'd like to keep the number of separate components down, especially if
we prefer to continue down the path of per-component releases.

Also, I'm a bit concerned about the future of jackrabbit-jcr-tests
after JCR 2.0 is final. Shall we keep working on the component like we
do now even if there are no plans for JCR 3.0? Expanding the scope of
the jcr-tests component would give it a nice purpose also beyond the
needs of JSR 283.

But I'm not too opposed to a separate performance test component, so
let's do it if people prefer that.

BR,

Jukka Zitting