jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Switch to Confluence for the Jackrabbit web site
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:36:54 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, Feb 2, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I'll proceed to finalize the Confluence export for becoming our public
>  web site and make the switch once everything is in place.

The new web site is now active at http://jackrabbit.apache.org/.

Modifications to http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JCR will
automatically become visible on the public web site within two hours.
To edit the site, you need a Confluence account (get one at
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/signup.action) and write access to
the JCR space. Ping me or Felix for the required karma once you have
your account.

Even if you're not a Jackrabbit committer, you can help us improve the
site by using the comment feature in Confluence. Comments are not
shown on the public web site, but you can use them to suggest
improvements or fixes right where the content is being managed.

Note that the site layout is based on the one proposed in JCR-1236.
It's still not perfect, but IMHO it's already noticeably better than
the previous one. Please comment if you find any issues or have ideas
for improvements.

Also, at Day we currently have someone drafting yet another outlook
based on sites like getfirefox.com. Now that we have a better way to
manage the site content, I hope we can also start seeing more and
better content there. Together with a more end-user oriented layout
that should help make Jackrabbit more attractive to new users.

BR,

Jukka Zitting