jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unit tests in jackrabbit-core
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:52:37 GMT
Hi,

On Feb 20, 2008 12:45 PM, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com> wrote:
> I wonder where to put a new unit test for jackrabbit-core.

If it's an API level test (i.e. uses the JCR API and requires a fully
instantiated repository), then I'd prefer if you placed it in
o.a.j.core.integration. As discussed earlier on this list, I'd like to
introduce a separation between quick and self-contained unit tests,
and longer-running integration tests that require a full repository.
The o.a.j.core.integration package is the closes thing we have to that
goal at the moment.

> - WDYT is the best place for new tests?
> - Shall I include them in TestAll?

If you place your tests in
src/test/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/integration and name them
SomeTest, they'll automatically be included in the Maven integration
test phase.

BR,

Jukka Zitting