jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Same name siblings
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 16:10:30 GMT
Hi,

On Feb 8, 2008 5:48 PM, David Nuescheler <david@day.com> wrote:
> I think a feature that would address the "I have a bag of objects
> and I just want to persist them without thinking of a 'name' for
> each" usecase, would definitely be great. Maybe this could
> be the introduction of an addNode() without a childnode name.

Good idea! We could also allow "*" as a wildcard child node name in
the existing addNode() signatures.

> > WDYT, is SNS worth the effort, or should we consider dropping it?
> I don't think that it is problematic to have some features that are not
> optimized.

I think the issue runs deeper than just performance. We have at least
one open issue, JCR-435, and given the fact that we guide people away
from SNS at the first sings of trouble I wouldn't be surprised if
there were other issues waiting. SNS code is quite complex and not
very thoroughly tested.

BR,

Jukka Zitting