jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Same name siblings
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 15:23:11 GMT
Hi,

Support for same name siblings is troublesome and currently the best
practice is to avoid them if possible. In many cases the default
response when we see people having problems with SNS is to tell them
not to use the feature.

I think that's lame. We should either treat SNS as a first-class
feature that we just haven't been able to make work yet, or explicitly
deprecate it and plan to drop or at least seriously limit the feature
as far as is permitted by the JCR standard.

The current status where SNS is kind of supported but "you should not
use it!" is IMHO not sustainable in the long run.

WDYT, is SNS worth the effort, or should we consider dropping it?

BR,

Jukka Zitting