jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why there's no jcr-1.0.jar in 1.4 war dist?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 06:07:58 GMT
Hi,

On Feb 1, 2008 7:56 AM, Thomas Mueller <thomas.tom.mueller@gmail.com> wrote:
> What about a 'standalone' download of Jackrabbit that includes Jetty?

That would be nice, and also well in line with the
embedded->shared->standalone deployment scenarios.

One of the key reasons for not doing that so far is that we don't yet
have production-ready JCR remoting options that would perform really
well. JCR-RMI is stable and feature-rich but not very fast, and WebDAV
remoting is still in the sandbox.

But perhaps we should just do this, and let the performance issues
sort themselves out. It's better to let features drive improvements
and bug fixes than vice versa.

BR,

Jukka Zitting