jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Expanding the scope of jackrabbit-jcr-tests
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:50:25 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Also, I'm a bit concerned about the future of jackrabbit-jcr-tests
> after JCR 2.0 is final. Shall we keep working on the component like we
> do now even if there are no plans for JCR 3.0? Expanding the scope of
> the jcr-tests component would give it a nice purpose also beyond the
> needs of JSR 283.

the current work on jackrabbit-jcr-tests was mainly done in light of an eventual
maintenance release of JSR 170. Unfortunately that did not yet happen.

I think the same will happen once JCR 2.0 is final. We will have bug fixes for
the tests and at some point there will be a maintenance release of the JSR 283 TCK.

If we don't want to introduce a new module we can just as well use
jackrabbit-core, where we already have tests. However I know that Julian will
not be happy with that because he wants to use the tests without introducing a
dependency to jackrabbit-core, right?

regards
  marcel