jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Logging in Tests
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:05:15 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> I don't really understand why the TCK code needs the LogPrintWriter
> construct, but I guess it's there as a bridge for older code or a
> pre-SLF4J attempt to avoid a fixed dependency to a specific logging
> framework. Perhaps we should just refactor LogPrintWriter away.

it's the first. when building the TCK we did not know if it was OK to ship the
TCK without SUNs JavaTest harness. Therefore we created two versions of the TCK
one that solely relied on JUnit with our own webapp based test harness and a
second one that used JavaTest. To be able to pipe log messages into JavaTest we
created the LogPrintWriter.

I guess we don't really need it anymore and it can be removed.

regards
  marcel

btw. I find it very useful to have this facility. specifically in integration
tests where assertions become more complex. A JUnit error or fail message
sometimes just isn't helpful enough.