jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lock token not removed when node is removed
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:27:01 GMT
Julian Reschke wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> when I delete a locked node from the repository, the lock token
>> for this node is not removed from the session (I use a session scoped
>> lock and remove the node in the same session).
>> Below is the test code.
>
> Not sure why that is a problem in practice. Could you elaborate?

Sure :) I think this is a bug - even if the impact is not that huge. But
if you list all your lock tokens you don't expect invalid tokens there.

I noticed this in Sling where we pool/reuse the sessions for a single
user. So in fact we have a session wrapper that cleans up the session
after a logout. And one of the cleanups is to check the lock tokens. Of
course the handling of the remaining tokens fails as there are invalid
ones inbetween.
I don't want to discuss here, if the pooling in Sling is the right thing
to do :)

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler