jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: SPI: setValue vs addProperty
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 08:06:22 GMT
Julian Reschke wrote:
> Hi,
> currently SPI Batch distinguishes between adding a property, and setting
> the value of a property. In JCR however, this distinction does not exist.

> This test will only pass if SPI's Batch.addProperty actually behaves the
> same way as setValue, meaning overwriting an existing property.
> Questions:
> 1) Should we update the Javadoc to clarify that this is what it is
> expected?

> 2) Should we remove one of the signatures, because the distinction
> wasn't useful after all?

rather not.
you shouldn't be able to modify the value of a property that
doesn't exist any more... that might happen if the client
is not up-to-date.
however the spi-correspondence of Node.setProperty (means: add
the property if missing or change its value if it exists)
should work then.

View raw message