jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject [OCM] The ocm:discriminator
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 13:25:44 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to make some simplifications in the OCM framework.
One point to solve is certainly the ObjectContentManager setup. In order to
run correctly, the mixin node type "ocm:disciminator" has be created into
the JCR repo. This mixin node type is used internally by the
ObjectContentManager to store the classname for nodes based on generic types
like nt:unstructured. It is also used  for mananing object inheritance tree.

but ....

I think I misunderstood the JCR node types.

If I apply a node type to a node, it is still possible to add other
properties to this node without creating a mixin node type (just call the
method setProperty(...) - right ? I made a test and it seems to work.
Is it specific to Jackrabbit ?

If I can do it, the mixin node type "ocm:disciminator" is not necessary, we
can replace it by a simple property "ocm_classname".
Of course, It is no necessary to map this property into a object attribute.
It is still used internally by the ocm.

By this way, the JCR repo has not be initialised correctly for OCM
applications.

WDYT  ?

br,
Christophe