jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Content Object Mapping - jcrom.org
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 20:50:14 GMT
On Feb 5, 2008 9:06 PM, Alex Lukin <lukin@stu.cn.ua> wrote:

> Tuesday 05 February 2008 20:53:46 Christophe Lombart написав:
> [skip]
> > Alex,
> >
> > Jackrabbit OCM is also supporting the annotation like JCROM since a long
> > time.
> > XML support is not mandatory.
> Christophe,
> I know because I already use it. It works somehow for me and I prefer
> official things even when other project looks slightly better.
> I speak about "hanging ends" like:
>
> 1)  namespace registration, additional node types registration etc that
> ought to be hidden from me somewhere inside of OCM init code.

You are right and also a simpler code to init the ObjectContentManager at
least for the annotation stuff. ... Still thinking about that.

> 2)  lack of "easy quick start" example. That one on the web is just
> misleading and it's much better to replace it with just one line:
> "Dig into spources, don't bother reading docs!" Cutting example from tests
> is not trivial because of 1)

I know
I have the first (and very small) tutorial. I plan to publish it this week
but I need more time due to my daily activities :-)
Jackrabbit OCM will be more adopted if we find more contributors. They are
still many thinks to do and making the doc takes time. So, if you have time
, you are welcome ....

> > Concerning JPA, we can make a small study to check if JPA is really a
> good
> > solution for a JCR backend ...  if someone have time :-)
>
> Pease do it after examples and docs :)

Of course.