jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Lukin <lu...@stu.cn.ua>
Subject Re: [OCM] The ocm:discriminator
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 15:08:59 GMT
Thursday 07 February 2008 15:25:44 Christophe Lombart написав:
[skiped]

> If I can do it, the mixin node type "ocm:disciminator" is not necessary, we
> can replace it by a simple property "ocm_classname".
> Of course, It is no necessary to map this property into a object attribute.
> It is still used internally by the ocm.
>
> By this way, the JCR repo has not be initialised correctly for OCM
> applications.
>
> WDYT  ?
I think that mixin node for ocm is right solution. You may just hide ocm:discriminator node
type registration
somewhere behind implementation to simplify OCM initialization.

As I understand JCR specifications, purpose of mixin node type is to mark some node as capable
of some extra functionality.
That's exactly what OCM does. It adds some functionality to node, e.g. ability to be mapped
to some class and object tree.
Does not matter that you can create any property for any node. It will be just additional
propery which may be misused.

OCM is not mandatory part of JSR-283, even not mentioned there so... you are who makes the
fashion :)

--
SY, Alex Lukin
RIPE NIC HDL: LEXA1-RIPE