jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Lukin <lu...@stu.cn.ua>
Subject Re: Content Object Mapping - jcrom.org
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 18:26:14 GMT
Tuesday 05 February 2008 19:24:16 Alexandru Popescu ☀ написав:
> Oops... it looks like I've left something unfinished...
>
> On Feb 5, 2008 7:21 PM, Alexandru Popescu ☀

> > (to Alex Lukin):
> > > 2) JPA is based on relational approach and does not work properly with
> > > tree-like structures we use often with JCR
> >
> > That's partly correct. Indeed the theory of relational storage and
> > tree-based storage are radically different.
>
> However, I do believe that part of the JPA annotations and moreover
> API can be applied to any Object to X mapping solutions. And as I
> said: it doesn't need to be 100% pure JPA ;-).
Well, may be. But JPA is not ideal solution for java persistance. It does not handle right
things like this:

class MyNode {
 List<MyNode> subNodes;
}

The nature of JCR is tree. The naure of tree processing is recursion.
JPA does not have any word about it. It has a lot of words about relational stuff instead.
So use of  JPA with JCR may be very misleading.
--
SY, Alex Lukin
RIPE NIC HDL: LEXA1-RIPE