jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Lukin <lu...@stu.cn.ua>
Subject Re: Content Object Mapping - jcrom.org
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 12:47:32 GMT
Tuesday 05 February 2008 14:12:03 Alexandru Popescu ☀ написав:
[skip]
> I do believe that this initiatives are helpful for the JCR community,
> but I would encourage people to check how much is possible to be done
> in the JPA direction.
[skip]

Sounds good again but:

1) Current ocm in jackrabbit source tree does not have anything in common with JPA annotation
and/or ideology
2) JPA is based on relational approach and does not work properly with tree-like structures
we use often with JCR
3) JPA is monstrous as current jackrabbit OCM is.
4) Where is effort mentioned above to join? Where is published source to look at?

I checked jcrom and created nodes in 5 minutes. Current OCM took much much more time to go
trough broken docs, complicated tests and hanging ends...

So my opinion is: Simple and quick OCM like jcrom.org is just great solution.

If some standard-addicted company wants to implement JPA on top JCR - that's good.
If current "official" OCM is more flexible and powerfull - that's good too, but I need working
OCM now and can't wait new implementations and neverending doc fixings.

--
SY, Alex Lukin
RIPE NIC HDL: LEXA1-RIPE