jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Database auto-reconnection: 2 trials needed?
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:09:28 GMT
Hi Thomas,

while backporting the DB auto-reconnect issue I have lots of
conflicts, so I have to fully understand the code to resolve it ;-).
So here's my question:

In the ConnectionRecoveryManager there are various methods (eg.
executeStmt) that have a trial-loop which tries 2 times before giving
up. IIUC, this is for the case when a connection is broken and needs
to be reestablished. I assume the first call to the connection results
in an SQLException indicating the connection is broken and thus we
need a second loop in which the connection is re-established.

Is this correct?

Are there other subtle things I have to be careful about?

Thanks,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek