jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Roland Porath" <rol...@exari.com>
Subject RE: properties in collections; nailed the bastard
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 03:21:11 GMT

Will do.

> the actually issue is from my point of view:
> DirListingExportHandler should not implement PropertyHandler
> at all. it's only use is to display a nice HTML page in case
> the collection is requested using GET.
> It should not deal with PROPFIND at all...

That sounds like a good idea and it explains a number of things in that
class.  The current DirListingExportHandler has a large section devoted to
handling properties which should be it's own class
(WebDAVCollectionPropertyExportHandler seems like a nice and descriptive
name)
Is that what you mean?
I assume that also means taking the DirListingExportHandler out of the
<propertymanager> in config.xml and replacing it with the
WebDAVCollectionPropertyExportHandler

> I'm going to fix that.
>
> > Where is a good place to document things like this?
>
> I would state limitations in the JavaDoc and in the resource
> configuration... but maybe other would look for that in the
> Wiki? Don't know.

I'll put it in the WebDAV section of the wiki. Seems like the natural
habitat for that kind of information.

> > There might be more
> > people out there who fall into that trap. Well at least I hope I'm not
> the
> > only one. Would make me feel a bit stupid.
>
> oh no!

No worries. I'm used to it.