jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Utility code for filtering and packaging trees [JCR-1259]
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 15:24:10 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Looks better, thanks.

:)

> I was thinking of including the code to jackrabbit-jcr-commons. Would
> you care to do a patch against the latest trunk (I'll take care of
> merging it to 1.4)?
>
> Also, I think it would be better to rename the filtering packages and
> classes as follows:
>
>     org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.predicate
>         NamePredicate
>         IsNodePredicate
>     org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.visitor
>         FilteringItemVisitor
>
> I would also turn the DepthItemFilter base class into a standalone
> DepthPredicate that could be combined (composition over inheritance)
> with other predicates.
>
> If you agree, I can also take care of these changes.

Oh, yes, I forgot to change the package names :(
I think the only problem with directly putting it into jcr commons is
the junit test which starts the repository for testing. But apart from
that, I'm +1 on your suggestion :)

Now, it would be great if you could do this - if not, I'll come up with
a new patch next week.

Many thanks
Carsten
--