jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl ...@sulu3000.de>
Subject Re: Inefficient/useless UUIDDocId cache ( was : Search performance : MultiIndex)
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2007 00:26:45 GMT
Hi Ard!

Very nice analysis! It's indeed a very tricky bug ;) UUIDDocId should
not use WeakReferences on the one hand and equals() on the other hand.
Maybe we should better return the same instance of a CombinedIndexReader
in SearchIndex.getIndexReader() if possible and use a "==" comparison in
UUIDDocId instead? But that's just a quick guess. Unfortunately I hadn't
the time to really dig into it and I'm out of town until Wednesday. But
maybe Marcel could comment on this?

Cheers,
Christoph