jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: BundleDBPersistenceManager and autoCommit mode
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 21:02:21 GMT
On 11/30/07, Przemo Pakulski <przemo.pakulski@cognifide.com> wrote:
> Is there any specific reason why BundlePM keep open connection in
> autoCommit mode, then switch on/off this flag during every call of store
> method, instead of keeping connection with autoCommit disabled.

hi,
the reason is that in a clustered environment, the 'select' statements
must be committed as well,  otherwise the tables remain locked. and
instead of explicitly commit each time after a read, we used the
autocommit as default and switch it off during store.

regards, toby

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97