jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: regarding method SEARCH in webdav client
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:05:40 GMT

> Hi,
>
> On Nov 28, 2007 12:09 PM, Julian Reschke
> <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> > It's definitively non-trivial to get it sort-of working;
> reaching full
> > compliance with the DAV:basicsearch may be impossible

I kind of had that feeling already.. :-)

> (unless by
> > bypassing JCR's search).

> Jukka Zitting wrote:
> And that's where the suggested "Lucene" search language comes in...

Yes, but is the lucene search language not already sort of present by
what Marcel wrote:

"your syntax implementation just need to transform a string statement
into a org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.QueryNode tree"

It might be, that I would need to add another QueryNode impl because
some search from basic-search cannot be accounted for yet. But, using
this QueryNode tree garantuees me that I am independant of the actual
lucene indexing.

Regards Ard