jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: New Jackrabbit committers
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2007 08:54:40 GMT
Hello everybody,

Thanks a lot for everybody who voted for me (a +1 only though), and
ofcourse Jukka for inviting me! For those who don't know me, a little
introduction about myself:

I am 30 years old but look much older :-) [1], studied theoretical
physics, work at Hippo since 2001 which some of you might know/heard of,
and have been working mainly with Lucene, Slide (user mainly) and
Cocoon. I have been a Cocoon committer since July 2006 as Jukka already
mailed on the private list.

For Jackrabbit, I hope to be able to give an ongoing contribution, by
developing code and by helping out new users on the userlists, which I
have always considered a very important part for an open source project
to thrive. Looking forward working together with all you guys, learn and
add a lot, and ofcourse, all hope to meet you at some conferences to
have some beers!

Martijn, congrats to you as well!!

Regards Ard

[1] http://www.flickr.com/photos/arje/200152889/

> Hi,
> Please welcome Martijn Hendriks and Ard Schrijvers as new
> committers and PMC members of the Apache Jackrabbit project.
> Martijn and Ard have both been top contributors, and the
> Jackrabbit PMC recently decided to offer them committership
> based on their quality work. I'm happy to announce that both
> of them have accepted the offer, and all the related
> administrative work has also now been taken care of.
> Martijn and Ard, welcome to the team!
> BR,
> Jukka Zitting

View raw message