jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Re: Inefficient/useless UUIDDocId cache ( was : Search performance : MultiIndex)
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:58:28 GMT

> Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> Yes, this is IMO the best solution. We could have a static
> HashMap with key-value pairs workspacename-combinedIndexReader, and in
> SearchIndex.getIndexReader() return the combinedIndexReader
> from the static hashmap, and on changing an index, clear the
> combinedIndexReader from the hashmap. But, perhaps somebody
> has a much neater solution..?

Monday morning stupid ideas.... The above ofcourse is bigtime nonsense
solution I proposed, because just a SeachIndex instance variable holding
the combinedIndexReader instance and a clearCombinedIndexReader() should
do the job. Disregard my static HashMap thing because it is clearly not
a proper solution

Regards Ard

View raw message