jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin Bielen" <CBie...@comcastnets.com>
Subject Errors Rebuilding Indexes and Checking Consistency after Content Import.
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:10:03 GMT
Hi group. I have an import/export related question/issue.

We've written a jackrabbit importer that does a node-by-node system view
export of approximately 200k content items from a source repository in
to a jboss-embedded Jackrabbit 1.3.3 repository using the Derby Bundle
PersistenceManager.

The import seems to run and complete OK, and the jackrabbit repository
appears to store/read/query imported content correctly across multiple
expected (and unexpected)  restarts.  However, when we delete the
content indexes (or even just set the PM "consistencyCheck" to "true")
we get the following nasty error followed by a failure to start up the
repository:

2007-11-09 20:25:41,836 ERROR
[org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleDbPersistenceManage
r] Error in bundle
ERROR XJ073: The data in this BLOB or CLOB is no longer available.  The
BLOB/CLOB's transaction may be committed, or its connection is closed.
	at
org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedBlob.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedResultSet.getBlob(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleDbPersistenceManager
.checkConsistency(BundleDbPersistenceManager.java:693)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleDbPersistenceManager
.init(BundleDbPersistenceManager.java:571)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.DerbyPersistenceManager.in
it(DerbyPersistenceManager.java:265)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createPersistenceManager(Repos
itoryImpl.java:1117)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.access$600(RepositoryImpl.java
:99)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl$WorkspaceInfo.initialize(Repos
itoryImpl.java:1695)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.initWorkspace(RepositoryImpl.j
ava:540)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.initStartupWorkspaces(Reposito
ryImpl.java:379)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:286
)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:521
)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.jca.JCARepositoryManager$Reference.create(JCARepos
itoryManager.java:167)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.jca.JCARepositoryManager.createRepository(JCARepos
itoryManager.java:75)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.jca.JCAManagedConnectionFactory.createRepository(J
CAManagedConnectionFactory.java:289)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.jca.JCAManagedConnectionFactory.createConnectionFa
ctory(JCAManagedConnectionFactory.java:124)
	at
org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.ConnectionFactoryBindingService.cre
ateConnectionFactory(ConnectionFactoryBindingService.java:128)
	at
org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.ConnectionFactoryBindingService.sta
rtService(ConnectionFactoryBindingService.java:65)
	at
org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupp
ort.java:289)
	at
org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMBean
Support.java:245)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)

Has anyone else come accross this?  Our initial suspicion was some sort
of database corruption but when we comment out the  <SearchIndex>
declaration from the workspace.xml the repository starts up fine and all
the non-query related functions seem to work as expected.  We also did a
node walk of the entire repository to try and flush out any corrupt
nodes but couldn't find any and all the content appeared correct.

Any information or advice as to the cause or how to troubleshoot this
further would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Colin

P.S. Here are the persistence manager options we're using for the
workspace in question:

<PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.DerbyPersistenceMan
ager">
           <param name="url"
value="jdbc:derby:${wsp.home}/db;create=true"/>
           <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
           <param name="consistencyCheck" value="true"/>
           <param name="consistencyFix" value="true"/>
           <param name="derbyStorageInitialPages" value="16"/>
           <param name="derbyStorageMinimumRecordSize" value="1024"/>
           <param name="derbyStoragePageCacheSize" value="1024"/>
           <param name="derbyStoragePageReservedSpace" value="20"/>
           <param name="derbyStoragePageSize" value="16384"/>
</PersistenceManager>