jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Realtime datastore garbage collector
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:48:11 GMT
Hi,

Sorry for the delay...

> I think the issue I mentioned in http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@jackrabbit.apache.org/msg08520.html
> could be solved by:

> integrating the data store with the current save mechanism

This could be a solution (actually my plan was to use reference
counting: increment the count on a safe, decrement on a delete -
however there are some problems with versioning / transactions, so the
count could be wrong).

> so when you do a save, you also get an atomic update
> on the timestamps of the transient items in the data store
> cache. And by synchronizing this update and the deletion of of unsaved items,
> I think we could avoid  that scenario.

Could you please describe it a bit more in detail? How do you avoid
deleting a record that is not yet saved?

Thanks,
Thomas