jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fixing JCR maven link
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:09:34 GMT
Hi,

On Nov 14, 2007 11:25 PM, Michael Wechner <michael.wechner@wyona.com> wrote:
> Michael Wechner wrote:
> > I have just noticed that the JCR maven link on
> >
> > http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/firststeps.html
> >
> > still links to day.com instead
> >
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVENUPLOAD-1733

That's a remnant of the earlier days when the JCR API jar was not
available on the central Maven repository.

The whole First Hops page is pretty much outdated, we really should
update the dependencies for more recent Jackrabbit versions...

> sorry to bother with a follow-up, but when specifiying
>
> <dependency groupId="org.apache.jackrabbit" artifactId="jackrabbit-core"
> version="1.0"/>
>
> one receives a POM file which contains
>
>     <dependency>
>       <groupId>jsr170</groupId>
>       <artifactId>jcr</artifactId>
>       <version>1.0</version>
>     </dependency>
>
> but which cannot be resolved on central maven.

This is related to the above, jcr-1.0.jar was not available on the
central repository when Jackrabbit 1.0 was released. More recent
versions, like the latest 1.3.3 release, depend on the centrally
available javax.jcr:jcr:1.0 artifact.

BR,

Jukka Zitting