jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject NGP: Simple journal and tree structures
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:22:13 GMT
Hi,

In the past few hours I committed some simple NGP prototype code that
implements a journal of binary records and a simple tree content
structure based on such records. I'm combining ideas from the
append-only data store concept and a more optimized node serialization
format. Eventually I'd like to be able to just map the journal file to
memory and implement things like Node.getNodes() backed directly on
the serialized node format without having to explicitly parse it into
an in-memory Java object structure.

If you're interested, check out the journal implementation in
o.a.j.ngp.journal and tree implementation in o.a.j.ngp.tree. Comments
and improvements are welcome. Feel free to dive in and change things
if you like.

BR,

Jukka Zitting