jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: regarding method SEARCH in webdav client
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:21:45 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> Writing basic-search isn't to hard if I could translate it directly into
>> lucene queries, but...this of course it not a very nice thing todo, because
>> jackrabbit has this query grammar sets, but I really do not know how
>> they work (not sure if i want to learn about javacc) :-)
>
> How about exposing a "Lucene" query language at the Jackrabbit
> QueryManager level? This way a Jackrabbit-specific client could bypass
> the XPath or SQL parsing and issue queries directly against the
> underlying Lucene index.

I don't think that's a good idea. besides you don't have to know javacc to write
a new query syntax for jackrabbit. your syntax implementation just need to
transform a string statement into a org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.QueryNode tree.

AFAIK Julian did something similar in his spi implementation.

regards
  marcel