jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Webdav servlet and ' characters
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:31:57 GMT
hi kev

> I've configured jackrabbit within my webapp and the webdav support is
> excellent.
>
> I have only one problem, I have a filename:
> Avenant Groupe de Gestion d'un Grand Compte.txt
>
> Which when I try to copy into my dav web folder (Windows XP client),
> fails.  I checked the tomcat logs and in the request, the ' wasn't
> escaped (although the spaces were correctly escaped/encoded to %20).

actually that's a known issue and has been discussed in
the past.
if i remember correctly the problem is that the single quote
is not a valid character within JCR names.
currently upon a PUT the name is used as is to create
nodes in the jcr repository and no special encoding/decoding
is applied to work around a failure caused by '.

the corresponding jira issue is #JCR-184

since jsr283 will relax the constraint for jcr names and
specifically allow the single and double quote in jcr names,
that problem will be obsoleted within a reasonable amount
of time (hopefully :).

for the time being:
workaround instructions are present with #JCR-184

kind regards
angela