jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Webdav servlet and ' characters
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:10:32 GMT
Hi,

I've configured jackrabbit within my webapp and the webdav support is
excellent.

I have only one problem, I have a filename:
Avenant Groupe de Gestion d'un Grand Compte.txt

Which when I try to copy into my dav web folder (Windows XP client),
fails.  I checked the tomcat logs and in the request, the ' wasn't
escaped (although the spaces were correctly escaped/encoded to %20).

Given the application is deployed where English isn't the main language
and the users will be uploading files with unicode chars etc, I'm
worried about more upload failures.  I tried to find the code
responsible for escaping the filenames, but I couldn't track down
through the multiple modules (I hate this maven multi-module format as
it makes life so much harder to find the correct code).

I also checked JIRA to see if there are issues raised concerning
unicode/quotes unusual chars in filenames, but I couldn't find anything
listed.

So this is a final check in case I need to config anything or in case it
has been raised previously but my JIRA search was wrong.

Thanks,
Kev