jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Inefficient/useless UUIDDocId cache ( was : Search performance : MultiIndex)
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 09:31:12 GMT
Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> It boils down IIUC, that only
> the readers that where involved during a commit would have to be
> re-calculated if getDocumentNumber is called, right?

to be precise the UUIDDocIds that refer to readers that were involved in a
commit need to be re-calculated. There are two occasions where the document
number needs to be recalculated:

- the parent node is modified, which means it re-indexed and effectively is
deleted from the index and added again. modifying a node always means that it
'travels' from an old index segment to a younger one. this might actually give
use some optimization potential when we need to get a document number again in a
UUIDDocId.

- index segments are merged. again nodes travel from older indexes to a younger one.

hmm, did I miss anything?

regards
  marcel